Thursday, September 11, 2008

Colorado Family Vacation






So, after the kids attended a whole 1 day of school, we took off for Colorado for a little over a week. We stayed in an awesome cabin on Grand Lake, which is near Winter Park. We had WAAAAY too much fun! We hiked, mountain biked, fished with the kids, the men fly fished, we did some white water rafting. We relaxed and went to the local meat market and farmers market to make dinners. The weather was absolutely perfect. We even had a cleaning lady that came some mornings to clean up after us, straighten the house, and do laundry. (That last part was my favorite)

My Dad and his girlfriend arranged for this great place. Most of my siblings and their additions were there and it was a blast!! We also brought my neice, Kirstin (on Jay's side), with us. It was the first time she met my family and I have to brag... that she fit like a glove. Everyone got along awesome!!

We also celebrated Sophia's 5th birthday. Kirstin, Alexa, and I decorated for about 2 hours the night before. There were streamers and balloons everywhere. Whatev, it was a big house to decorate. Go big or go home!!

We had an amazing time with cousins and the rest of the Schindels. Soon, I'll figure out how to post a slide show or a collage with some more photos. Hey, it took me a week to figure this &%^$ camera out.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Kirstin had a blast.. Thanks for including her.. She enjoys being with all her little cousins, you know if it was up to her she would want to be in Vegas instead of California.. She was about to cry when we picked her up at the airport..

Melissa said...

Yes! Get someone to help you with a slideshow. I want to see more. It looks like a fun trip. I miss mountains! They have a "mountain" here. It is just above sea level, but they call it a mountain.