Friday, January 23, 2009

The Portland 411

So, to begin with, we had a ROUGH year. Let's face it, with Jay working in Oregon (building Jackie a house, then getting a contracting business off the ground) we've had a rough COUPLE of years. That being said...we've been working hard to get our family unit to "be as one" so to speak. I mentioned before that the kids and I spent their track break in Oregon.(for those of you fortunate enough not to be in year around schooling, that was Thanksgiving until Jan. 5)

During that time, amongst other adventures (see previous posts) Jay took me into Portland to spend 4 glorious days and nights WITHOUT ANY KIDS!!!!! We had so much fun! We stayed in an amazing hotel in downtown Portland called the Vintage Plaza in a beautiful suite. We did some sight seeing, lots of dining out (gotta say it again) WITHOUT KIDS, and WAY too much shopping.

I'm pretty sure his motives were to talk me into this whole moving-to-Portland-and-starting-up-a-new-business-and-life thing, BUT, I guess it worked!!! Originally we had planned to wait until Jay found us a house in Portland before moving everyone up there. (he's currently living in the apartment above Jackie's garage that he built) However...the kids and I were home for about a week after spending all that time together, and I decided (in his defense, Jay says he thought of it too. Whatever) that even if we have to live in a two bedroom apartment for a few months. It was better than being apart any longer. I LOVE Vegas and always will, but it just didn't feel like home anymore. SO, Jay is driving down (as I blog, yuk yuk) with truck and trailer to help me pack everything up to move up to Nehalem, OR , or as I like to call it...East Deliverance, OR. (For some inexplicable reason, Jackie chose to move from Cannon Beach to the middle of nowhere on the coast. About 20 min. from Cannon Beach, and now about 1 1/2 from Portland.) So, once up there we will be in tight quarters, but the big kids like to stay at Grandma's next door. She has a huge loft where they have beds, tv's, video games, etc. And that is where we'll be temporarily until we find a house in Portland. But, believe me!!!! Those living conditions will DEFINITELY motivate us in the house hunting department.

Soooo, that's the story in a nutshell. Wish us luck and blessings in the move. You know we'll need it!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Well, we are already trying to look at dates to come your way sometime in the summer when Kirstin is out of school..

Melissa said...

I'm excited for you Stephanie. It has to be better than living apart! All the best. ((hug))

KolbyJanine said...

wait..why did I even check?? I knew there wouldn't be any new updates! My bad!