Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blessing in disguise

Sooo...ignore the previous post when I said we found a house. I got a VM last weekend saying the owners decided to put the house back on the market and not rent it out again AT THE LAST MINUTE!!! We think maybe they got gun shy about 5 kids running around a house they wanted to sell in a couple years. (Don't they think we enforce rules? Whatever)

We were panicked. There's not much to rent out here on the coast that isn't a dump. Not to be a snob, but we take good care of our homes and eeeww. SO--cut to yesterday-- my mom has a listing that is a spec home and has been on the market for over a year and 1/2. I asked if she thought they may be interested in renting it out. She didn't think so, but has a good working relationship with them and agreed to call the owners(they're builders). They were very interested!! Turns out they are the NICEST guys!! Very accommodating, willing to clear away some blackberry bushes for the kids, allow my input (if I want) on some window coverings, give us a good price on any furniture we may want to keep, etc... AND I LOOOOVE the house!! They did a beautiful job with the house, and we're considering purchasing the house (and maybe the lot next door) after our lease.

We can't wait to move!! This was the BEST blessing in disguise ever!!! I really feel blessed and that this will be a great opportunity for both parties.

I'll post pix soon!!

No comments: