Monday, November 30, 2009

A few of my favorite things....

The Christmas decorations are up. After 14 years (and the last few Christmases having my stuff in storage), I really want to update some of it. After cleaning much of it out, here are some of my fav's that made the cut:




...Still trying to convince Jay to hang more lights along the roof line. :)
I loooove Christmas lights!




This Santa is my very favorite! (and who doesn't love a fireplace?)




The pickle ornament is an old German tradition we started when Blythe and Oliver were babies. It's hidden in the tree and the first child to find it gets a gift. We always make it a treat that can be shared so that whoever finds it can share it with everyone. (just to be fair and not start any unnecessary arguments between 5 kids)




The kid's tree in the playroom that they decorated themselves. (and I used all of my self restraint to not move ornaments to where I wanted them)




The big Christmas tree!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Pretty! Your house looks beautiful. My kids are waiting for me to fix the nine million lights on our tree so we can decorate it.

I remember the day you bought those stockings!!! (At least I think it was those, but who would have thought you would use all 5 for kids! :))

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

I think of that day and you every time I get them out! I actually bought six of them thinking surely I'd NEVER have 4 kids. haha! So, now we're short one and I only hang them for the kids. Plus our fireplace isn't that big.

Melissa said...

Ha ha, I remember thinking the same thing when you bought them.(we were at the outlets right?) I remember going home and saying to Dave "She bought SIX stockings! Can you even imagine having 4 of these things/kids? We didnt' even have Jane or Oliver yet did we? I miss playing with you, we always had such fun. Do you have any contact with Teresa Draper? I'd love to catch up with her and I just can't seem to find her.