Monday, December 21, 2009

A penny saved...

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this (or any other) website, but my sister told me about it and how much she's been saving over the last few weeks.

www.thegrocerygame.com

I signed up for the 4 week free trial. It took a bit of time to figure things out and also figure out how to work it into my lifestyle, but my sister was helpful and I'm optimistic. I saved 30% off of last week's grocery bill. It's actually pretty simple AND organized once you get going. (It helps that my sister and her SIL had some helpful tips)

I'll post my (hopeful) progress. I've decided I need to save as much as possible in this tough economy, so here goes nothin.

**BTW, if you decide to try it, please enter my email as a referral. steph.s.adams@gmail.com

2 comments:

Melissa said...

January. I'm commited to trying it in january. Not a day sooner. :)

If you make it work for you, please share all your tips. My trips to the store are so frazzled we never get everything on the list because I get flustered wrestling Henry and keeping him from screaming and keeping Lily close by... you know the drill.

Unknown said...

I've gotta say, I've saved quite a little bit. I'll write more later about some of the tips Alexa gave me.