Tuesday, July 29, 2008

20 Year Tag

20 years ago.....

1. I had just met Cindi (and we became best friends/secret lovers for the next 20 years) Crap! I'm old to have known ANYONE for 20 years!!

2. I had just turned 15 and was counting the days until I could get my learner's permit

3. Yelling at my younger sister for borrowing and ruining my clothes

10 years ago....

1. I (almost to the day) just found out I was pregnant with Blythe

2. Was working as an interior designer

3. had been married for 3 years

4. Jay and I had recently moved onto Ft. Carson (Army post housing) in Colorado


5 years ago...

1.I was 8 months pregnant and laying on a beach in Bermuda, thinking I had my hands full with 2 1/2 kids. (ha!! what did I know??)

2. Was praying very fervently for Oliver's safety and recovery after he ruptured his appendix 4 days after Sophie's birth. Then thanking wonderful surgeons and hospital staff.

3.Wondered if Jay's school would ever end. Especially on our anniversary when we saw each other for 10 minutes while changing hospital shifts with Oliver.


3 years ago....

1. Jay had graduated college and we were waiting to hear from the Army on Jay going back in.

2. Went to the Bahamas for my brother's wedding.

3. Found out Jay and I are such screw ups that WE wound up getting pregnant on my brother's honeymoon.

4. Before getting knocked up for the FOURTH time, went shark diving in the Bahamas!!! Definitely the highlight of the trip!

1 year ago....

1. Jay left to build Jackie's house and I was fat and pregnant during the summer AGAIN!!

2. Survived my first Concert Fantasy with Fern Adair!! (See previous post to get an idea on why that's such an accomplishment for me)

3. Gave birth to my fifth baby on my anniversary. FYI....labor and delivery is a really CRAPPY anniversary gift!!!



So far this year I.......

1. Started running

2. have been training for a half marathon but couldn't run in it since Jay couldn't make it back to go up to Bryce Canyon with all of us

3. Have almost made it through my second concert and all of those rehearsals, costumes, running around, etc. (10 days to go!)

4. made some new friends

5. am anxiously awaiting our family vacation to Colorado!!

6. Watched Hayden turn into a TERRIBLE 2

Yesterday I.....

1.Celebrated (I use the term loosely this year) my 35th birthday

2. was permitted by Oliver to choose WHICH Star Wars we watched (1 of his bday gifts)

3. Was sick and had no voice

4. Got lots of phone calls from friends and family (thanks guys!)

5. Spent over 3 hrs. at Fern Adair for rehearsals. On the plus side, I was able to get some things done during that time...get Sophie's costume and try it on, have rhinestones glued onto it because the broach it came with was getting caught when they tried to rehearse, start to sew minor adjustments to Sophie's, meet with the seamstress to have major alterations done to Oli's costume, finish Blythe's minor tears and adjustments on her costume, feed the younger kids while there. Good times!

Today I.....

1. Was at FRICKING Fern Adair twice today.

2. Was still hacking away and I can't get rid of this chest cold!!

3. May have come closer to selling the 75 blazer!!!!

4. Gave Izzy 2 baths cuz she had 2 major blowouts. The stomach flu is still lingering on a bit.

Tomorrow I.....

1. Won't sleep in because my boys NEVER do.

2. will again be at Fern Adair for only 1 hr and 15 min this time.

3. Will hopefully get out of the house with all of the sickness that seems to have lingered from the weekend. (I mean to go somewhere other than.....you guessed it.....Fern Adair)

4. May make it to the mall for some shopping and to finally get Izzy's ears pierced.

5. May get started on shampooing the carpets again.

In the next year I.....

1. I may be moving states again.

2. Will definitely have a husband who moves states. (either back to Vegas or wherever the next job takes all of us)

3. Will be potty training Hayden (then one more to go!!)

4. Will have 3 out of 5 in school!! Yippeee!!!!


So....now I guess my job is to tag others. Since I don't know THAT many other bloggers I'll stick to Janine and Melissa. Can't do Cindi since she never updates the darn thing.

6 comments:

Tina said...

I wish I could figure out how to start a blog.. Not that I have as much as you going on, but it looks like fun.

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

Maybe Kirstin and I can do it for you if we have internet access at the cabin.

Tina said...

That would be great.. show her how to update and she can show me..

sara and lance syrett said...

gosh your old, and whats your problem, cant seem to stop getting knocked up?

KolbyJanine said...

Steph you are dating yourself ive tried explaining this to you before! well sorry gotta get back to hannah montana!

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

Sorry Janine AND Sara, not all of us can be as young and dumb as you. Shouldn't the two of you be hitting puberty soon???