Sunday, July 27, 2008

She's standing!!!!


This isn't the clearest shot, but I love that you can see Blythe's excitement in this shot. Yes!!!! Isabel can FINALLY lift her fat butt up off of the ground. She's not too steady, but she's quite proud of herself for getting there. This is the actual first photo of her accomplishment.
This milestone reminds me of a discussion I had with a friend of mine when our first babies were starting to walk. (I'm pretty sure it was Melissa who also, ironically, has 5 kids)
The discussion was about the fact that we wondered if you got THAT excited about every child's little milestones. Our conclusion (about 9 years ago) was that once you just said, "oh yeah, that's great" and went back to stirring your pasta sauce, you knew you were done having kids.
Well, even though I can say, positively, without a doubt, that we are done having kids.....it is still just as exciting when our babies/kids reach ANY milestone. And the great part that Melissa and I didn't yet get was that you have that many more loving family members getting sooooo excited. I mean, really, you can just see it in Blythe's face. And what the camera didn't capture was a bathroom full of Adams kids ALL cheering for their baby sister.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Kirstin is excited that Izzy is standing, she's bumbed she wasn't there to see it too.. But she will see you guys in about a month.. YOu guys will have lots of fun..

Melissa said...

I think it is so cool (and kind of weird) that our families so similar in stages. Henry learned to crawl this past week and stand too! You are right. The delight the other kids find is so wonderful!!! My "big" kids are cheering him on, finding first words in his jibber jabber, wishing I would hurry up and let him eat big boy food and all that stuff! If you want to hear Henry laugh a belly laugh, put Jane in front of him.

I think we were totally clueless, isn't it nice that we both realize now how much we can love 5 kids.

6 though, I don't think I'd feel the love for #6. Just kidding! (I'd feel the love but Dave wouldn't!)

Did you know that my big sisters have 10 and almost 7 children? My family of 5 children is the "small" family.

Melissa said...

I should clarify. Really, he is pulling himself up, absolutely no balance yet. And, he is foolish, he reaches and stands up from way too far back and then whimpers like "What have I gotten myself into now!" Then one of those marvelous siblings rescues him and walks his feet closer to his hands. :)

I think walking will be a ways off because Lily is so excited for him she comes running and hugging (knocking him down.)