Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finally...

A little catching up would be nice. I have FINALLY figured out how to get the pics from my camera onto the computer. Actually not that hard, but in my defense, I was a bit intimidated with this camera. My Dad gave it to me after he upgraded to a newer one. To give you an idea, he was a professional photographer in the 70's and the digital camera he gave me has many lens attachments and I have yet to take a clear picture. Sooooo intimidating and I really don't have much time to read the manual. Anyway....I had better include some milestones for the brats. Oliver got his orange belt in February. He's only been doing karate for about a year and rec'd his yellow belt last November. Such a great thing for him to focus on. Blythe, Oli, and Sophie are getting busy training and practicing for their big concert in August put on by Fern Adair (where they take dance and karate) to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation. They do it every year and it's the kid's second year doing it. They work VERY hard practicing for it and we all LOVE seeing their proud, happy faces at the performances.

More recently our 4th of July festivities included a hair brained idea of a friend of mine who thought that it would be SOOOOO much fun for us all to tie dye t-shirts for the 4th. About 5 minutes in I thought surely she's insane/younger and has more energy/has a few less children/couldn't have anticipated the chaos. However, it actually turned out to be a fun project!! We did it in the grass and had the kids in underwear to minimize the mess. The shirts actually turned out pretty cool. It was the kind of thing that they couldn't mess up. ALL of the shirts turned out cool. And in my effort to keep the dye off of the kids, I had purple hands for 3 days afterward. Oh, and don't you looooove Hayden's (far left) big belly in this photo. I love his squishiness still. It won't last much longer.


Here's Izzy modeling her tie dye onesie while stuffing her face. Oh, and at 10 months she is finally crawling. Hey, don't mock, it's quite a task to lift all that fat off of the floor.







2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your kids are so cute!
Thanks for the heads up on tie dye, it was going to be one of our summer projects... maybe we'll stick with ModgePodge. LOL, I don't do voluntary stains.

Will we get to see more pics of your kids concert thingy?

I love Hayden's Belly. I was looking at Lily today and her legs are getting longer and thinner. Boo Hoo. good thing we have our #5's right? ;)

Tina said...

I love Hayden's belly.. Kind of reminds me of his father when we were younger..