Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Slash Live and In Person!!!!


Oh, yes. I realize not many of you will appreciate this post, but who really cares. I got to see Slash in concert!!!!!!! Yahooooo!!!! For those of you younger than myself, He's from Guns n' Roses. I found out about him playing at the Red Rock out at their pool on Saturday afternoon and figured I wouldn't be able to find a sitter or friend who could do the same and at the last minute managed both. For those who love rock, picture Jason Bonham on drums, Jerry Cantrell, Royston Langdon (rocker guy married to Liv Tyler) and guest appearance by the lead singer of Jane's Addiction (I forget his name, whatev...google it) They played a ton of classic rock including Led Zeppelin, of course, some blues, and some Guns n' Roses!! again yahoo!! It was so much fun to kinda relive those days, but then, my ears rang for a day and a half after from being in the front. I seriously thought I permanently damaged them, but figured it was worth it because I couldn't hear my kids fighting as loudly. MAN, I am getting soooo old. Who cares, so were half the people there. So much fun!!! Oh, and my kids were totally jealous. They, of course, love classic rock and 80's and 90's rock, including, but not limited to GNR. Oh, and they're huge Guitar Hero fans, too. But I can still kick their butts at it!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome time. A friend of mine just turned 30 last week (baby) and she went out clubbing with a group of her friends, all married with kids. They had a rockin' time just dancing and singing. :) Sounds like good clean fun to me. I think my body would be stiff though... I swear hauling HanktheTank's sweet self everywhere makes me feel my years!